It's time for a little bit of fantasizing about a country that is guided by the laws that I would put into place and those that are in place now that I would repeal. Here we go....
1. In a land filled with my laws, no citizen would be allowed to own any hand gun or assault weapon of any kind. You could own rifles and shotguns meant for hunting. If you are a collector, you can get a collector's permit to own other kinds of guns but you cannot use them. The Second Amendment would be repealed.
2. Gays and lesbians would be allowed to marry with full benefits thereof.
3. Anyone could marry as many wives or husbands as they wish.
4. Marijuana would be legal to grow and purchase and it would be highly taxed and regulated.
5. All laws based purely on biblical morality would be repealed. This includes so-called blue laws that still exist in many states.
6. Prostitution would be legal and it would be taxed and regulated.
7. All churches and religious institutions would be taxed.
8. No public funds would be used to support a religious institution, including the use of vouchers to pay for private education at a church school.
9. No laws would be passed making it illegal to perform any activity that does not have a victim.
10. Finally, an overarching law would be passed that would make any activity legal except those that would infringe the rights of others, with the lone exception of gun ownership.